Wednesday, April 3, 2013

                                                     

                                                       Education


             Today in class we had another group discuss their topic. It was about a 8 or 9 year old boy Tanishq Abraham, who is a genius. He and his sister both had a high IQ at the age four.  He actually takes college classes and wish he could take more. He doesn't feel challenged in his regular grade, so there no point in having him be in class we're he's going to get bored. I can say he values his education and loves learning.  In the school system they won't let him go any further, because he is so young. Having him further his education, he may be exposed to things he doesn't know. He's a genius he probably already knows about this. I think he should be allowed to go further, he will have a parental  guidance with him, because he's so young. I do believe they should have programs for children like him, because he is truly gifted to be so smart. It's not fair to have programs for children who have difficult learning and comprehending, because they are gifted as well. It also, makes me think how much we need to value or education. We also discussed if we didn't receive grades or any degree would we go to college? or If we would go to school for the knowledge or money?  For the first question I wouldn't because it wouldn't be a point for me to go if I'm not receiving anything in return. I would say I go to college to have a better job and will be able to be stable but in the path I will be receiving knowledge along the way. I have to know what I'm doing and information in what I want to become, so I can say I want the money and knowledge.      
           


                 
           

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video was so cute...it just goes to show knowledge has no age limit.But i did feel some type of way about the video at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really liked the video and i was amazed at how smart he was.

    ReplyDelete